WinPCAntivirus removal Download_mbam-setup.exe
- Print out these instructions as we will need to close every window that is open later in the fix.
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, or MBAM, from the following location and save it to your desktop:
- Once downloaded, close all programs and Windows on your computer, including this one.
- Double-click on the icon on your desktop named Download_mbam-setup.exe. This will start the installation of MBAM onto your computer.
- When the installation begins, keep following the prompts in order to continue with the installation process. Do not make any changes to default settings and when the program has finished installing, make sure you leave both the Update Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware checked. Then click on the Finish button.
You should click on the OK button to close the message box and continue with the WinPCAntivirus removal process.
You should now click on the Remove Selected button to remove all the listed malware. MBAM will now delete all of the files and registry keys and add them to the programs quarantine. When removing the files, MBAM may require a reboot in order to remove some of them. If it displays a message stating that it needs to reboot, please allow it to do so. Once your computer has rebooted, and you are logged in, please continue with the rest of the steps.
Your computer should now be free of the WinPCAntivirus program. If your current anti-virus solution let this infection through, you may want to consider purchasing the PRO version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to protect against these types of threats in the future.
If you are still having problems with your computer after completing these instructions, then please follow the steps outlined in the topic linked below:
Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log
Entry filed under: Anti-Viruses & Removals.