Free Serial Communication Software RS232-RS422-RS485
Our new comDebug program lets you communicate with almost any RS232, RS422, RS485 or Modbus serial device. Whats more, its free! Its extensive trouble-shooting capabilities make it ideal for solving comms problems, or for quickly checking that you can communicate with your instrument before starting to automatically acquire data.
- No programming required
- Free technical support for life
- Easy to use
- Understands ASCII or binary data
- For serial instruments that continually send data and those that need prompting
- Quickly identify and correct communication errors
- Insert cyclic redundancy checks (CRCs)
- Send ASCII values, 16-bit 2s complement integers, unsigned integers, single bits of data, etc, to instruments
- Control the state of the PCs serial port output lines
- See the state of the serial port input lines
- Send acknowledgements
- Save settings in a file
- Full hypertext Help
- Up to 38400 baud
- For Windows 95 and later
- Optionally, with the new Windmill COMIML or free LabIML serial driver, continually send data from the instrument to the Windmill logging, charting and other data acquisition applications, or to third-party Windows software like Excel
No Programming Required
Simply select your communication settings or type your instruments commands: no need for any programming.
What sort of Devices can you Read with comDebug?
With comDebug you can control both those serial devices that continuously output messages, and those that require commands before supplying data. With a flexible approach to building command strings, and parsing the received data strings to extract data values, the majority of analytical instruments are supported. These include GPS, sonar, DMR, gas analysers, pH transmitters, data loggers, titrators, particle analysers, pressure transmitters, water baths, hygrometers, I2C devices, plcs and laboratory scales.
You have the freedom to mix and match equipment from many different manufacturers in many combinations. For example, serial devices from A&D, Anton Paar, Ashtec, Bruël & Kjær, Datel, Datataker, Ecom, Edge Tech, Electro Industries, Fisher, Furuno, Garmin, Honeywell, Horiba, Mettler Toledo, Motorola, Molyteck, Newmar, NovAtel, Nu-Metrics, Omnistar, Omron, Orion, Parallax, Paroscientific, Patton, Phytron, Quantum Logic, Quest Scientific, Sartorius, Siemens, Telegan, Telemecanique, Texas Instruments, Transcell and TTi have all been handled by Windmill. Many channels of data can be accepted from each instrument.
“I would recommend ComDebug to any one who has to trouble shoot a serial card problem. I used it to locate a defective com card which the manufacturer said could not be. ”
Doyal J. McVicker Jr.
“Your software works great; its the only package that allows me to set the DTR line low…required by the TI (Texas Instruments) development board configuration.”
R E Rogers
M O Tjebben
Free Technical Support for Life
Our software is so easy to use we offer free technical support for life. If you have a question the first places to look are in the programs Help file or our FAQ. If you dont find the answer there then fill in our technical support form, fax us on +44 (0)161 833 2190 or call us on +44 (0)161 833 2782 (9 to 5 GMT or BST).
RT, Reservoir Engineering Specialist Oil and Gas Production – Research. Using ParoScientific Quartz pressure transmitter.
GH, Audio Systems Engineer using Audion Precision System Two Cascade.
SM, Electrical Engineer performing tests on a Modbus Variable speed drive.
JF, Industrial Control Engineer.
DA, Mineral Chemistry (Quantitative).
JF, Industrial controls.
Download COMIML and comDebug Leaflet
You can download the COMIML and comDebug leaflet in pdf format.
- For best quality but large file download comiml.pdf
- For lower quality pictures but small file download comiml2.pdf.
Entry filed under: Communications.