4x Serial to Ethernet and Wi-Fi Module – Programmable Ethernet Module Features
Programmable Ethernet Module Features
- High-performance (88 MHz) RISC processor.
- One 100BaseT Ethernet port with Auto-MDX (detection of straight-through or crossover cable). Standard Ethernet magnetics are not integrated into the Module.
- Support for UDP(1), TCP(1), ICMP (ping)(1), DHCP(1), and HTTP(1) protocols; up to 16 simultaneous UDP or TCP(HTTP) connections(1). Additional protocols, such as SMTP, can be implemented in your BASIC application.
- Four high-speed serial ports (CMOS-level) that can work in UART, Wiegand(1), and clock/data(1) modes.
- UART baudrates can be up to 1382400 bps; none/even/odd/mark/space parity and 7/8 bits/character UART modes available; full-duplex UART mode with optional flow control(1) and half-duplex UART mode with automatic direction control(1) supported. TX(2), RX(2), RTS(1), CTS(1), DTR(1), DSR(1) and DCD(1) lines provided.
- 49 general-purpose I/O lines:
- 40 lines combined into five 8-bit ports
- 8 interrupt lines that can be triggered on line stage change.
- 1 programmable square wave generator (6 Hz to 221184 MHz) that can be used to control a buzzer.
- 512KBytes or 1024KBytes of Flash memory. 64KB are used to store device firmware (TiOS). The rest is available to store BASIC application and data.
- 2KBytes of EEPROM memory.
- Real-time-counter (RTC) with its own backup power input.
- Software- and hardware-controlled on-board PLL (Phase-Locked loop) to control the clock frequency of the device: 11.0592MHz with PLL off, 88.4736MHz with PLL on.
- Reliable power-on/brown-out reset circuit; no additional external reset circuitry required. Master reset input also provided.
1. This feature is actually implemented in firmware.
2. In UART mode, TX and RX lines are controlled by dedicated UART hardware. In Wiegand and clock/data modes, these pins are under the control of TiOS firmware.
Wi-Fi Board Features
- Implements 802.11b wireless interface.
- Intended to be used with the EM1000 BASIC-programmable embedded module.
- Compact dimensions (37.0 x 25.0 mm).
- Chip antenna onboard, coaxial connector (I-PEX MHF) for external antenna.
- Onboard Power LED (red)
- Internal power switch allows complete power-down.
- Installation options:
- On top of the EM1000
- Directly on the host PCB
- Fully supported by the Wi-Fi (wln.) object of the EM1000W programming platform.
Serial to Ethernet & Wi-Fi Module Product Options
The EM1000W module is available with program memory configurations of 512KBytes or 1024KBytes. You can select the desired memory size from the drop down menu below.
The EM1000W module features a real-time clock (RTC), which can be backed up with a Supercapacitor mounted on the EM1000W module. If you wish to get the module with Supercapacitor mounted, please select the appropriate option from the crop-down menu below.
Entry filed under: Technology News. Tags: .